I have just finished my kinetic typography, which was the last task in the Concept and Ideation unit, using After Effects.
In today’s lecture, we have been introduced to the new Development and Realisation unit, and we have been given our first assignment for it. The final result of this unit will include a poster that presents visually communicated text and data. We have been given various subjects in the form of questions to base our posters on, the most interesting examples for me being the ones about social media, music and Star Wars. Our posters are meant to be the visual representation of the results we have obtained for one of the questions.
In this new assignment, we must also put our blogs to good use and put together a collection of supporting work and research for different visual design techniques in posters. I plan to use my time efficiently throughout this unit to explore different simple art styles that are easy to look at and are informative at the same time.
We can choose one question to present on our posters from the following list:
- Where have you been and when?
- What is your social network?
- How many documented meteor impacts have there been?
- Who lives the longest?
- What is the fattest country?
- Where do different genders shop online?
- Who knows each other and how in Star Wars?
- What type of music is the most popular?
- Who has the largest carbon footprint?
- How does the hydrologic cycle (also called the water cycle) work?